Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Unto Us (Wonderful Counselor)

I wrote this song a number of months ago now, but as will become evident when you read the lyrics... it's more of a seasonal song than the others I have written up to this point.

As we're in the advent season, I thought this was the appropriate time to introduce the song to my church, and we've sung it the past few weeks for our morning worship. It tied in especially well with a message one of my pastors preached two Sundays ago, "When Hope Gets Stumped".

This song came out of a time when I was reading the book of Isaiah, and was moved specifically by the messianic prophecies in chapter 9 and 11.

(...I included a little seasonal musical touch to the recording... hope you like it)

-----
Verse: A D E F#m7 / A D Esus E
Wonderful Counselor, I love your name O Jesus
Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Your name alone can save us

Pre-chorus: D F#m7 E / A D F#m7 E
From the stump of Jesse's house
A root will come to reign

Chorus: A E Bm7 D
Unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given
And the government will be on His shoulders
He will reign on David's throne, He will usher in his kingdom
And establish it with justice forever

No comments:

Post a Comment