Monday, March 14, 2011

Wonder of Wonders

Hey friends, I know it's been a little while since I posted a new song, but I ran into some kinks with the previous music player I was working with and had to switch to something else before I could start putting up new songs. Anyway, here goes...

Wonder has been a theme of my thoughts on and off for the past year. There's something so child-like about wonder, that I think us adults frequently miss it, the sense of "woah" about life that allows for mystery and grandeur.

I'm a cynic and a skeptic by nature. If something seems too good to be true, there's probably a catch, or so the nagging voice in my heard says. That that voice in my head has never really helped me. His wagging finger doesn't really point anywhere. And my actual experience of life tells me that God is real, that God is good, and that God is wonderful. His wonders are beyond measure, and I would do well to sit and be still before him, to let his mysteries wash over me. Above all, I desire to "have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge..." (Ephesians 3:18-19)

The prayers of Paul for the Ephesian church have so blessed me in this meditation:
"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people..." (Ephesians 1:17-18)

I want to intentionally live my life in a place of wonder, continually amazed at the grandeur of God's love for us in Christ. This song is a part of that.

-----
Verse: (C F)
Wonder of wonders, You have my heart
You are my one desire
Oh my Beloved, lovely You are
You set my mind on fire

Pre-chorus: (Am7 G F C Am7 G F)
Spirit of wisdom, Spirit of truth
Spirit of revelation
Lord I desire the vision of You
Hear now my supplication

Chorus: (C Am7 F G)
You are exalted, beautiful Jesus
Merciful Savior, coming King
And for the glory of Your appearing
I will surrender everything

Bridge: (Dm7 C)
Spirit reveal the deep things of God
How high and how wide, how deep is Your love

No comments:

Post a Comment